Raise awareness in your city about human trafficking and its different forms by using the Watch for Traffick Media Campaign Toolkit, which includes socially conscious advertisements developed by a professional public relations firm. The ads can be featured on billboards, in print, and on social media. A number of PSAs for TV and social media are also available. For direct outreach efforts, multi-lingual tri-fold cards, stickers, and flyers are included.
Deutser, a Management Consulting company, donated all of the creative capital to develop the media campaign’s concepts. Watch for Traffick aims to raise awareness about human trafficking and its different forms and encourage the public to actively recognize and report suspected trafficking activity to the national hotline. Joining the City of Houston in the media campaign is United Against Human Trafficking, the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, and the Houston Police Department.
The toolkit’s contents can be featured on television, radio, billboards, taxis, in print, and on social media. Additional materials are included to support general and victim outreach. To support your branding efforts, identifying logos in select materials have been removed (in ads designed for billboards, taxis, and buses), though other content is not otherwise alterable.
- Tri-Fold Cards (PDFs) – in English, Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, Vietnamese, and Mandarin
- Stickers (PDFs) – in English, Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, Vietnamese, and Mandarin
- Flyers (PDFs) – in English, Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, Vietnamese, and Mandarin
- Print PSAs—All of the PSAs listed below are available as PDFs in four sizes and designed to be displayed on taxi cabs, buses, and on two different sizes of billboards.
- Sex Trafficking – Prostitution
- Sex Trafficking – Illicit Massage Establishments
- Labor Trafficking – Traveling Sales Crews
- Labor Trafficking – Construction
- Labor Trafficking – Landscaping
- Labor Trafficking – Domestic Servitude
- Labor Trafficking – Nail Salons
- Labor Trafficking – Restaurants
- Labor Trafficking – Carnivals
- PSAs for Television
- PSAs for Radio
Watch for Traffick by Learning the Signs and Know Before You Go
Human trafficking occurs every day of the year, but its signs often go unnoticed. Learn how to spot human trafficking in its different forms by exploring the links below.
Know the difference between reputable businesses and those with signs of human trafficking by visiting our Know Before You Go page, which lists red flags for both nail salons and massage establishments.
(within Traveling Sales Crews)
(within the Landscaping Industry)
(within the Nail Salon Industry)
(within the Carnival Industry)
Additional Forms of Human Trafficking
(after Emergency Disasters)
(within the Construction Industry)
(as Domestic Servitude)
(within the Restaurant Industry)
Click here to learn more about human trafficking and common misconceptions. Come back soon to learn about more signs of different types of human trafficking.
The City of Houston wishes to thank Deutser for donating its creative capital, United Against Human Trafficking, the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, the Houston Police Department, Pick It Up! Pictures, and the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
The City of Houston also thanks the below sponsors for contributing their time and resources during the filming of Watch for Traffick PSAs.